1. (a) First and foremost, I, (JP) Joseph Pampena promise to try my best to balance the city’s budget, wipe out the deficit and get city spending under control by the end of my first term in office. Furthermore, I will involve the citizens of Toronto in the decision-making on any major spending issues by giving the people the opportunity to cast their vote via an online or phone in the poll process.
(b) I, (JP) Joseph Pampena Plan to make safety for the citizens of Toronto a priority ensuring their protection by, hiring more Police Officers and Paramedics.
2. As part of my commitment to tackling the city’s overwhelming deficit, I, (JP) Joseph Pampena promise to try my best to control and combat the foolish spending that has gone on under the watch of my predecessor. I will lay down new guidelines and policies on city councilors’ expense accounts, limiting the eligible expenses that may be claimed.
3. I, (JP) Joseph Pampena promise to try my best to review and reduce the number of self-serving perks that councilors and city staff have been receiving over the years under the former administration.
4. I, (JP) Joseph Pampena promise to try my best to set up a Public Expense Registry for all the city council so taxpayers can monitor to see what and where city money is being spent.
5. I, (JP) Joseph Pampena promise to try my best to review and reduce property taxes for both businesses and residents alike.
6. I, (JP) Joseph Pampena promise to try my best to reduce the Municipal Land Transfer Tax for first-time home buyers so they can afford to live and invest in a home in the city of Toronto.
7. I, (JP) Joseph Pampena promise to try my best to reduce the new Personal Vehicle Tax imposed on residents of Toronto by the previous Mayor and council.
8. I, (JP) Joseph Pampena promise to try my best to establish an open book policy with our city unions. Especially during contract negotiations so they can clearly see for themselves the state of the city’s budget and financial situation.
9. I, (JP) Joseph Pampena promise to try my best to open the doors of City Hall by, setting up Sponsorship Building Initiative Programs that offer both small, and large corporations branding opportunities to help fund city programs and public recreational facilities. As far as I'm concerned, everything other than family morals, human dignity, and self-respect are all up for sale.
10. I, (JP) Joseph Pampena promise to try my best to develop relationships and work with the various levels of entertainment and hospitality industry leaders of the city on how to best promote and market their industry to attract more tourism dollars to our beautiful and vibrant city.
COMMUNITY BUILDING INITIATIVES
11. I, (JP) Joseph Pampena promise to try my best to showcase and celebrate our city’s unique multicultural flavor by displaying flags around the perimeter of Nathan Philips Square representing the city’s many varied cultures
12. I, (JP) Joseph Pampena promise to try my best to establish a New Business Development Fund designed specifically to help enhance and support young and inspiring entrepreneurs with fresh new ideas and minds through city grants that would help kick-start and launch their new venture.
13. I, (JP) Joseph Pampena promise to try my best to promote and support Neighbourhood Community Watch initiatives by encouraging citizens to take a more active interest in ensuring the safety of their families and fellow neighbors in their own community.
14. I, (JP) Joseph Pampena promise to try my best to set up a city-wide volunteer fundraising program which will issue tax deductible receipts to citizens and enterprises who are willing to volunteer and assist seniors, disabled and handicapped persons living in the city of Toronto. In addition, to improve the lives and maintain the dignity of our disadvantaged elderly and infirm citizens who live on their own, our mission will be to advocate on their behalf with other levels of government to apply more funding for special hygiene services in their own home.
15. I, (JP) Joseph Pampena promise to try my best to organize the first annual Toronto-fest event which will be a fundraising initiative held once a year on behalf of the taxpayers of Toronto to help raise funds to go into a special reserve fund to cover any shortfall expense suffered by the city.
16. I, (JP) Joseph Pampena promise to try my best to further develop and broaden the relationships with the owners of our taxicab companies in the interest of ensuring better safety measures for our hard-working cabbies in the city.
17. I, (JP) Joseph Pampena promise to try my best to set up an annual Mayor’s Citizens Award night to honor those citizens who actively participate in our online suggestion mailbag program by submitting their ideas, comments, and feedback to the Mayor on how to improve the city.
18. I, (JP) Joseph Pampena promise to try my best to develop a closer relationship with Toronto’s school board officials by implementing an Ambassadorship Program made up of local sports, entertainment, media and business personalities and role models with the mandate to inspire, motivate and mentor students, the future leaders of the city.
19. I, (JP) Joseph Pampena promise to try my best to implement a Good Samaritan Program to honor and give recognition to those youth and adults (YAA) who do good deeds for their fellow citizens at the Mayor’s annual Award-fest.
20. I, (JP) Joseph Pampena promise to try my best to make myself available on a regular basis on both open TV and radio talk shows to answer questions from the citizens of Toronto.
CITY IMPROVEMENT INITIATIVES
21. I, (JP) Joseph Pampena promise to try my best to beautify Toronto and make it a more tourist-friendly city by giving the entire city a complete face-lift including sweeping & washing down of city sidewalks and streets, grooming of city parks, cleaning up of alleyways and picking up trash along the lakefront and beach areas.
22. I, (JP) Joseph Pampena promise to try my best to review and re-examine our city’s whole bike lane strategy to ensure safety and enjoyment of our city’s streets by motorists, cyclists, and pedestrians alike.
23. I, (JP) Joseph Pampena promise to try my best to make sure more overnight parking permits are made available for car owners living in the downtown core.
24. I, (JP) Joseph Pampena promise to try my best to increase accessibility for the physically challenged citizens of our city by establishing a new self-help committee of disabled and handicapped people to advise on these types of issues.
25. I, (JP) Joseph Pampena promise to try my best to review and implement a better planning strategy when the city is approached by organizations requesting permits for their event that may require the closing of city streets to avoid overlapping of events causing traffic headaches for drivers and pedestrians alike.
26. I, (JP) Joseph Pampena promise to try my best to assist citizens who are on social assistance and residing in municipal housing facilities by setting up self-sustaining employment centers, daycare facilities and healthcare clinics within these municipal buildings for use by residents to improve their lives and build a brighter future for themselves and their families. Furthermore, we will create additional shelter space with in-house rehabilitation programs and retraining facilities to assist the homeless men and women who wish to accept a helping hand to get off the streets and get their lives back on track with health and wealth.
27. I, (JP) Joseph Pampena promise to try my best to review and establish a long-term revitalization plan to develop Toronto’s waterfront in a more cohesive and aesthetically pleasing design and to make our city’s skyline truly spectacular for the enjoyment of all Torontonians and visitors alike.
28. I, (JP) Joseph Pampena promise to try my best to repair and upkeep Toronto’s roads in a timely manner and as well to come up with cost-efficient ideas and solutions to improve Toronto’s transit system infrastructure for transit users.
29. I, (JP) Joseph Pampena promise to try my best to work with the Port Authority officials in supporting and building an underground pedestrian tunnel to the Island Airport and using battery-operated motorized carts as a more environmental and efficient way to taxi passengers back and forth to the mainland.
30. I, (JP) Joseph Pampena promise to try my best to bring value to taxpayers through the city’s snow removal service by having our city snow plow staff avoid blocking the homeowners’ driveways when clearing snowfall on residential streets of Toronto.
31. I (JP) Joseph Pampena promise to create a partnership program for those special interest groups who are looking for funds to develop a business.
32. I (JP) Joseph Pampena promise that all bike racks along city sidewalks will be removed and placed inside independent parking lots across the city.
33. I (JP) Joseph Pampena promise to have bike laws changed where any bike riders who travel on our arteriole roads must be properly insured and licensed.
34. I (JP) Joseph Pampena promise to lessen the use of high-cost consultants who are charging the city millions of dollars telling us what we already know. Our taxpayers will be the ones to dictate who citizen want not the consultants.
35. I (JP) Joseph Pampena promise to offer entrepreneurs the opportunity to use abandon government buildings if they come up with the right ideas. Those who rent free and 2 years of tax-free payments on the property.do, will be granted 1-year
36. I (JP) Joseph Pampena promise to Businesses that are directly affected by road closures because of construction issues will receive a tax credit for lost business suffered.
37. I (JP) Joseph Pampena promise to ensure city plows pay closer attention while plowing residential areas thus eliminating the snow banks from compounding in wind rifts. New policy to lift the blades and not block anyone in.
FISCAL RESPONSIBILITY INITIATIVES
If you agree with the vision of a new Toronto, we hope we can count on your support and encourage you to get out and VOTE for real change and a new direction this upcoming 2018 municipal election. VOTE for me (JP) Joseph Pampena otherwise known in the Public Relations Industry as JP Pampena, "The Man With The Vision".
Let’s get started on improving the quality of our life of all who live, work and play in this wonderful city of ours.